After upgrading to OS X 10.11.2 Jaksta Media Recorder fail to convert the .m2ts files into .mp4 files. It starts to convert, create a .mp4-file of 2-66 kbytes, then stops. All without any error message or anything. I then have to use 4Videosofts converter instead and that takes considerable time.
We now have another build:
Any better luck with the TCP ports issue?
It probably won't fix the conversion issue yet. Glad to hear the default works at least, probably because it does not need to convert the audio.
You can always revert to the current live version if any of these betas are too much of a headache:
Sorry for the long delay in my reply.
Thanks for the log. I can see the failure to convert the m2ts file automatically seems to be due to malformed audio data - possibly this is a deliberate action to make it more difficult to capture.!
Can you say what site your m2ts files are coming from (sorry it's not obvious in the log)? Is it only this site that causes a problem?
Can you please send us a log file? You can find the Jaksta log file by going to the Preferences and clicking the Find Log File button. Please also send the Jaksta Converter log file?
Hi Ben. the sites I use are www.svtplay.se, www.oppetarkiv.se and www.dr.dk. Sometimes the downloaded file is stored by Jaksta as .m2ts, sometimes as .flv. Don't know why, might have to do with resolution of the source file. As I have said before, .flv converts fine. I have been using Handbrake, HandbrakeBatch, 4Videosoft TS converter and 4Videosoft Ultimate Converter on the downloaded .m2ts files without any problem except they all are very slow compared to Jaksta. I think all of them use ffmpeg for the conversion. Here is an example of the fiole analysis from Handbrake:
13:48:54] file is MPEG Transport Stream with 188 byte packets offset 0 bytes
[13:48:54] Found the following PIDS
[13:48:54] Video PIDS :
[13:48:54] 0x100 type H.264 (0x1b) (PCR)
[13:48:54] Audio PIDS :
[13:48:54] 0x101 type AAC (0xf)
[13:48:54] Subtitle PIDS :
[13:48:54] Other PIDS :
[13:48:54] 0x102 type Unknown (0x15)
[13:48:54] stream id 0x101 (type 0xf substream 0x0) audio 0x101
Nothing strange there.
Sorry Ben, the beta made no difference.
Sorry it has been a long time since I replied! If you are still having this problem and are still interested in fixing it, we have a more recent beta:
If it still doesn't work with this one are you able to send the log file to us again?
The next time this occurs, can you send the log file to us? You can find it by going to the Preferences and clicking Find Log File.
still the same.
I've sent you the log a couple of days ago. I just noticed that it converts Flash video (.flv) files just fine. Fault seem to be limited to .m2ts files.
I've got the same problem too.
Jaksta can convert .m2ts to .mov (default) only, But cannot convert to other file format (eg.mp4)
And I've got the same problem in Jaksta Converter too!!!
Thanks for that. Yes we actually use ffmpeg to convert as well, possibly it's a version issue.
Can you try this new beta version of Jaksta:
This contains a fix some audio conversion issues associated with YouTube videos, it may be the same thing.
noticed just now that conversion to "default" (.mov) works just fine. conversion to .mp4 (Sony Bravia, Apple TV, Apple TV3 a.s.) don't.
Also have serious problems starting the latest Jaksta beta, most restarts it can't find any available TCP-ports.