Welcome
Login  Sign up

jaksta music miner won't record

please find attached log file- any help much appreciated! trying to use spotify 

log

Thank you Liam, I found this out by trial and error.

Some web sites, including Spotify I guess, use encryption when streaming audio. In Streaming Mode, Jaksta Music Recorder will download but does not always convert encrypted streams. For example, I was able to stream and convert from YouTube but not Spotify. Both processes produced .m4a files but only the tracks from YouTube would play.

If the stream does not convert then you can set Audio Capture Mode which will detect and capture the audio from the device rather than from the stream itself. To be able to use and adjust the settings of Audio Capture Mode, monitoring must be set to OFF. To start recording it must then be turned back ON. It captures a .wav file which it converts to .mp3. Of course this happens in real time, just like capturing audio from vinyl but, I found this preferable and more reliable.

Finally though, I was not impressed at having to pay for the upgrade, allbeit only 10 bucks. I expected a free upgrade considering the previous version was not fit for purpose and it took 10 months fix the problems.

Ray

Hi everyone,

Jaksta Music Recorder now features a new recording method called Audio Capture mode. You can set it to this mode by changing it from Streaming Mode to Audio Capture Mode in the drop down menu at the bottom of the main screen.

This mode was introduced largely to accomodate the download and recording of Spotify songs/playlists. As you are well aware, Spotify has given us grief for some time when it comes to downloading via the normal stream capture method. So we created this new capture method as a workaround.

You will want to read the User Guide to make sure you know how to configure and use this mode properly: https://www.jaksta.com/support/mac/kb/user-guide-jaksta-music-recorder-for-mac-6000031390

The info you will want to take note of specifically regarding this mode is near the start of the guide and then also towards the bottom, under the Preferences breakdown section.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

i have downloaded it ray and guess what- it still doesn't work with spotify 

Version 2.0 was released in April.  You can download from here - https://www.jaksta.com/download/mac/jaksta-music-recorder

HTH

Liam

Two months ago and still no V2. What's happening?

Ray

Very informative, much appreciated. Looking forward to V2  Ray

Hi Ray,

V2 is due end of this week or early next. You should receive a notification about it once it is released.

The Windows version of Jaksta is VERY different to the Mac version, both in how it functions and what it does. That is why we have separate forums for them and why something can work on one and not the other.

What makes Spotify so difficult is that they change up their streaming methods and try to add/change things to prevent the capture. Lots of sites/content providers do this, which is why we are continually updating to try and adapt, but some make it harder than others. 

I have changed your email address in our system.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Is this a DRM issue? Is Apple and Spotify conspiring to prevent you fixing this problem? Seems odd that you can release a solution on Windows but not on OSX. A solution has been outstanding for nearly a year now. When is v2 scheduled? Please note my email has changed to raymondweston@gmail.com

Hi again Ed,

Sad to report that this still has not been resolved. Spotify is proving to be quite stubborn.

We are planning on releasing a major update to V2.0 in the next several months, and this should be resolved with it.

Sorry again.

Liam

Jaksta Support

Hi there, any progress to report? 

Hi Ed,

Not yet. Sorry it's taking such a long time, but we are still working on it and hope to release it soon.

Thanks,

Ben

Jaksta Support

Hi there, has there ever been any update on this? I was wondering if it works with spotify yet?

Windows version works with the browser and/or Spotify app.  Pretty much any app that produces audio be that something playing in the browser or via an app such as spotify.

Hi Richard/Ray,

Sorry, you are right they are not identical, the Windows version uses different mechanisms and works with the Spotify app instead.

Thanks,

Ben

Jaksta Support

It records in real time from the Windows Spotify app, instead of downloading from the web player.
Login or Signup to post a comment