Login  Sign up

Scheduled radio programs recording does not work

  None of my scheduled programs are being recorded (nothing happens when the scheduled time arrives).  I can still download podcasts but the scheduled recording function of all my various radio programs are not working. (I have not changed any URLs that previously worked). Also, I tried to change the schedule of the program and receive an error message (Access is Denied. HResult: 0x80070005)  when I try to save it. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the current version and that did not fix the problem.  I am on Windows 10.  Please help.


I attached a log file for when I tried to save a change. Not sure if this problem is related to the problem of not being able to record scheduled radio programs.


See attached log file.


ScheduleManager: Error create/update task Wilson WTVN: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

We use the Windows Task Scheduler. and your getting access denied errors when trying to access it.  

Your either not running under the same account as you created the tasks with, your account has had its access restricted for some reason, or something else has changed permissions on those tasks.

You can open the task manager to investigate further and change the permissions back.

I have the same problem. I checked the task manager and found two different things might happen: 1) the task might not start at all, 2) according to the task manager, the task had started but nothing happened in Jaksta (I include the task manager message, roughly translated from Spanish "Task manager correctly completed instance "{4895a6d1-41cf-4f8e-a290-d4f5c9e22858}" for task "\Jaksta Media Recorder 7 c6d33c30-fbff-4a17-829b-92bee9ad8b3b" for user "Z".")
This problem started a couple of weeks ago, and installing the latest Jaksta version does not solve the problem. In fact, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Jaksta several times, for that used to solve several past problems, but nothing happens (except that I get a message indicating that the activation license has been used too many times).



To get your access key reset please make your request here with details of the key:  https://support.jaksta.com/support/tickets/new

Your logs show a crash to do with standardtimezone name, which indicates a corrupted registry entry.  What timezone do you have set?

To fix:

1) Click the Windows key

2) Start typing "regedit.exe". You should see regedit.exe show up. Click on it to run.

3) Using the leftside navigation, go to

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\<timezone>

The "Std" key, seen in the right part of the regedit screen, is the standardTimeZoneName that is being looked for. Please make sure all the values are similar to the attached screenshot.

If you have an x64 operating system then you may need to also check Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\<timezone>

Sorry, actually that crash is from a version 6 log that was included in the zip file.   It is not appearing in the version 7 logs.

Please do the following with version 7 to see why the task is not starting:

1. Click the "Get Support" tab

2. Click the "If requested by support switch Debug Mode on"

3. Click the Schedule tab

4. Select the scheduled task that is not running and click the "Run Schedule" icon (the blue right facing triangle) to start the task.  At that point the capture should appear on the home tab.

5. Click the "Get Support" tab again

6. Click the paper airplane icon - "Send Logs"

7. Attached the generated file (which is placed on your desktop) to the forum topic.

Please also export the task from the windows task scheduler.  You do this by right mouse clicking the task and selecting the export menu item.   It could also pay to enable task history so you can see if there are any errors from the task scheduler.

Sorry for the delay in answering you, but for several days scheduled recordings have been working correctly, until yesterday again the problems began after closing and reopening the program. The message "Loading IU.." does not dissapear. I've upgraded to version 13, but this did not solve the problem. I'm attaching the log files.


Uninstalling and reinstalling Jaksta solved the "Loading IU..." message problem, but then again scheduled recording failed. I include logs and a task example, exported both from Jaksta (POrf.dat) and Windows Task Scheduler (Jaksta Media......xml).


(1.43 KB)

Your logs show you are getting E_ACCESSDENIED when the task is accessed and this is shown to you in a message dialog window.

Are you creating the schedule with the same user as you are trying to run it with?  You can see the user on the General tab of the task scheduler down the bottom under security options.

You could also try deleting the task and recreating it.

Thanks for your answer!
The user I'm creating the task with is the same as I'm trying to run it with. I've also tried to delete the task and create a new one, with no result.
The trouble with this problem is how erratic it is. At present, the scheduled recording is working, and I have not changed anything from the moment I consulted you. I just restarted Windows n times, and at n-1 scheduled recording didn't work and at n did.


I would recommend ensuring you have all windows updates installed as it sounds like something pretty strange is happening with the Windows Task Scheduler on your machine.   Let me know if it happens again and perhaps we can get to the bottom of what is causing the issue with a bit more debugging.

I keep Windows updated, although updating may have occasionally failed due to insufficient disk space. So far, all is working well again. I'll let you know if the problem happens again. Thanks for your help!

Login or Signup to post a comment