Jaksta is meant to change the proxy settings as part of its monitoring and capturing process. When it isn't configured properly or if something else interferes with the proxy settings, this can cause the connection to break.
The first thing to do is make sure that the changed proxy settings are correct.
You can check the settings by going to System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies. When Jaksta is running, both Web Proxy (HTTP) and Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) should be turned on.
They should both have the same settings as in the image below - 'localhost: 3129' and '*.local, 169.254/16'
Change them manually if they don't already look like that.
Start with these checks and then we can go from there. If the problems continue it would be good if you could send through a clean log file.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
Also, what Mac OS are you running? If is anything earlier than 10.10.X then that could be causing conflicts as Version 2 is only supported after that OS. And did you do a FULL reinstall (delete all support and preference files and reboot mac before reinstalling) or did you just do a basic reinstall?
After starting Jaksta the proxy settings are changed and i can't connect to the internet anymore, which make Jaksta useless.
Is there any solution for this problem?
I already tried to reinstall...