Hi I noticed that some of the files I downloaded with Jaksta do not have any audio present on the ones I downloaded on 09-28 (log file attached). Is this because I am still running version 1.5.1. Would the issues go away if I upgraded?
Firstly I would recommend doing a full reinstall. If there is a break in the programs processes, then this should reset them.
What you will need to do is delete the app (uninstall) from Applications instead of just reinstalling over it. Then in Finder go to the top menu and then access Go > (holding one of shift/alt/control/command) Library > Application Support > Jaksta Media Recorder and delete that folder (NOTE: doing this will erase your library file list in Jaksta, but your downloaded/converted files will remain intact). Reboot the Mac and then do a reinstall of the latest V1 update (http://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/1.5.1_00/Jaksta-1.5.1.pkg) and it will regenerate a new copy of the deleted folder and the application files.
If the problem continues, there is a chance that upgrading may resolve it. In the last year, there have been a couple of sites (Vimeo for example) that have changed something in their streaming protocols that caused the videos to be downloaded without audio. This then forced us to build a fix into an update, which obviously won't be in previous builds.
If at any point you do need to send through another log file, it would be best if you could make it a clean log file.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open JMR
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JRM but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
Try the reinstall and then we can go from there. If you want to see if an update to the new Version 2 fixes the problem, then you can always download it and run it in Demo mode to test it.