Welcome
Login  Sign up

Jaksta Stopped working

Hi there have Jaksta Version 1.2.9 (102) and it seems to have completely stopped working. I am also unable to get any updates if are any as haven't used it for a while. Your help on how i can get it to work again would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Ricky,

I have forwarded your crash log onto development. In the meantime, could you please do a full reinstall.

What you will need to do is delete the app (uninstall) from Applications instead of just reinstalling over it. Then in Finder go to the top menu and then access Go > (holding one of shift/alt/control/command) Library > Application Support > Jaksta Media Recorder and delete that folder (NOTE: doing this will erase your library file list in Jaksta, but your downloaded/converted files will remain intact in their destination folders). Reboot the Mac and then do a reinstall of the latest version (https://www.jaksta.com/download/mac/jaksta-media-recorder) and it will regenerate a new copy of the deleted folder and the application files. 

Let me know if that helps and I will get back to you when I know something.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Hi John,

My first suggestion would be to update to the last build of Jaksta Version 1 that we released - V1.5.1. 

I would do this by uninstalling the current app, rebooting the Mac and then reinstalling Jaksta. You can get the installer here - http://download.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/1.5.1_00/Jaksta-1.5.1.pkg

There is a good chance you will receive upgrade prompts to Version 2. You can turn off the prompts by going to Preferences > General and turning off the feature that does auto-checks for updates on startup. 

Version 2 is a PAID upgrade that we released in early 2017, but it is not mandatory.

There is a discounted upgrade offer for existing license holders, which can be accessed by following the prompts in the update checker pop-up notification.

Please be aware that we will not be releasing any more updates for Version 1, as we are focusing our development on Version 2. 

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Liam, 

Instructions completed. No change.

Jaksta still hung up upon opening.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

We are starting to see a bit more of this so there is a good chance we will need to build a fix, which may take some time depending on how complex the issue is.

I am waiting to hear back from Development and I will let you know once I have something concrete. 

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Hi to everyone still following this thread,

This post is relevant to anyone still experiencing the hang and/or crash on startup.

We have a new beta available that I would like you to try. It does not contain a fix for this issue, but we have added something in that should get it to report a better description of the problem.

You can get the installer here - https://cdn.shedworx.com/jaksta/beta/2.2.4_266/JakstaMediaRecorder.pkg

This beta build is set to time out after a minute of hanging, so can you please let it run until it closes itself and then gather the required logs and reports. This will allow it to put all of the information into the logs/reports that we need.

Could I please also get you to send through a clean, standard Jaksta log file as well?

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

- Open Finder and go to the top menu access Go > Library (may need to hold one of shift/alt/control/command keys to display it) 

- In the new Finder window go to Logs

- Find and delete the Jaksta Media Recorder.log file

- Keep the Finder window open

- Run Jaksta Media Recorder (a new log file will be generated)

- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes

- Go back to the open Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

Please send through any additional .hang or .crash files as well if they are offered when the app closes or if you know where to find them in Console.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Login or Signup to post a comment