Welcome
Login  Sign up

JMR will not show any downloads

When JMR is open and I go to YouTube (or any site), the Jaxsta browser window does not show any downloads in any of the 4 tabs (Everything, Today, Yesterday, In Progress). The download notification shows for a moment in the top right corner of my desktop and then disappears like normal.

This has never happened before. Beyond that, it stops recording after a few minutes and no downloads appear on the computer, so Jaxsta has to be closed and re-opened. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Jason,

It sounds as if something is broken, so I would suggest doing a basic reinstall. 

Just delete the app from your Applications folder and then run the installer for the latest update from the Jaksta site.

Start with that and then let me know if the problem continues.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

My fault that I failed to mention my steps afterwards. I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted. Did this sequence twice. Here is a screenshot of the app after downloading 12 files. Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Can you please send through a clean log file?

To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:

- Open Jaksta Media Recorder

- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File

- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open

- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open

- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)

- Run one test on a standard video stream that you know gives an error/fails 

- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes

- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Will do. Now it’s having a new problem - splitting the audio and video into 2 separate files per download/stream.

Hi Jason,

A clean log file is still what we'd need for this issue as well.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Here is the log file. It still doesn’t show any downloads in the application window, although notifications pop up for each download. Thanks.

log

Hi Jason,

I have forwarded your log file onto our development team for review.

I will let you know if we find something and how to proceed.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Any update?

Hi Jason,

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have diagnosed the problem and have a fix for you to try.

It appears that the Jaksta database file has been corrupted somehow.

You should be able to fix it by deleting the AppDatabase files in the Jaksta Library directory.

Instruction are as follows:

- Open Terminal

- Enter the following command and then press enter/return: cd "/Users/wedowee 1/Library/Application Support/Jaksta Media Recorder/"

- Enter the following command and then press enter/return: rm AppDatabase.*    

The first command will navigate to the folder containing the database files. The second command will delete them. Do not have Jaksta running when you do this. This may also delete any files that you have downloaded and converted previously, so it would be best to copy or move them to another location so that there is no risk of losing any content. 

When you next run Jaksta it will regenerate those files in their original forms (ie. not corrupted) and then you should be all good. I have just tested this myself and it gave the desired result.

Please let me know if you have any trouble doing this.

Regards

Liam

Jaksta Support

Login or Signup to post a comment