I am trying to record a Netflix show to watch later, and have tried with Jacksta Screen Recorder on Mac 10.14 (Mojave) and whether I attempt to set a region, or do it full-frame, when I hit the record button on the blue area, the delay countdown runs from 10-1 but then it doesn't start recording. Essentially, the blue screen goes away (which I know is normal) but recording doesn't start.
Likewise, using Jacksta Media Recorder on Windows 10 with the DVR function -- as your instructions say to use with Netflix (I have licensed both products for Mac and Windows), it begins to record the Netflix page, and I even can see and hear the show in a small screen at the bottom left for the entire length of the show, but when it's done, I have a recording that's the right length, but completely black and silent. NOTHING is in the file on Windows, and the file doesn't even get created (recording never starts) on Mac.
All your products seem to have completely failed, just when I need them!
I am still able to record Netflix using Region mode and am also running Mojave. That suggests that the issue may be a standalone problem specific to your system, as I cannot replicate it.
My first recommendation would be to do a thorough reinstall of Screen Recorder - uninstall (delete from Applications), reboot, reinstall the latest version available.
If it sill fails then a clean log file would be the next step.
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Screen Recorder
- Go to File> Reveal Log File
- Close JSR but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JSR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test using Region mode on a Netflix stream
- Close JSR once it is clear that is had failed
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
If you get the same problem can you please test it with another normal video and report back whether it was successful or if the problem applies outside of and is not specific to Netflix recordings.
Please note that any similar issues relating to the Windows version of any of the apps will need to be posted separately to the Windows technical forums.