Welcome
Login  Sign up

auto capture results in error message

Hello,

Have used v5.4 for many years and one day STOPS working.  Most use is with US PBS using Passport Access.  I am using the AUTO setting and resulting file is in ERROR.  I have read the Technical session and still in the dark.  BTW, I can't create an account and have to use Goggle Email.

Thank You,

Henry

We produce the following software for Applian which are skinned versions of our software:  Replay Media Catcher, Replay Music, Replay Radio, Replay Converter.  We have done this for many years.  Applian never brought us ;)

Your last logs are not in debug mode.  Please follow these instructions exactly:

https://www.jaksta.com/support/windows/technical/jaksta-media-recorder/how-to-generate-debug-logs-6000009063

At step 3 - enter the pbs url as per this image and hit enter to start the extraction.  PBS has multiple qualities/formats available and you will be prompted to select the one(s) you want to download.  Double click one.

Provide the logs.

If you cant get to that screen (Download Recorder) then please use the tutorial (from the main menu) as I have described above so you can see how the application works. 

Thanks for the clarification with Applian.  It didn't make sense Jaksta is still in business if Jaksta was bought out (by Applian) which was my impression or I was mislead.  Anyway, doesn't matter  NOW except I will stay with Jaksta.

I will get back to you.

Thank You for your patience!

hello crs,

i didn't have a defective wireless usb adapter after all since the replacement couldn't access the net. i had blocked all internet access.

attached is another log and screen captures of two pbs url downloads. the first is the one provided by me which succeeded.  the second attempted screen capture is my pbs failure.  it bombs almost immediately with the error message suggesting that i try the auto.  i tried the auto method and nothing happened.  previously,  i was able to download the failed pbs episode and many others using the url method.  i can not duplicate using the url method which know worked previously.  can't you provide some advice?

henry

snap000002.jpg
(89.2 KB)
zip

Hello,

I started the log.  I had to change some firewall rules.  I exited and tried again and saved the log.

On Auto the app pickups my Gmail.  Per url nothing.

I really hope this log helps.

Henry

zip

Hello,

Pasting url is working!  It appears problem is firewall although it wasn't blocking only asking for permission.  Changing to allow helped.

Henry

5.4 is very very old.  Streaming changes all the time.  Please upgrade to v7.  It is a free upgrade.

Contact licensing support if you are having troubles upgrading your existing license.

Download:  https://www.jaksta.com/download/windows/jaksta-media-recorder

Licensing support:  https://support.jaksta.com/support/tickets/new

Hello,

I was able to download many videos and save using urls 2 days ago.  Today, I get errors.  All downloads from same USA PBS.

zip

Hello,

Thank You for your prompt reply.  I can now log into my account.

Anyway, I was trying to use v7.0136 (the latest) and NOT 5.

What do I need to do to determine my installation problem(s) with version 7?

Thank You,

Henry

Hello,

I deleted all Jaksta (v 5 and v7) references in my Firewall so I get prompted whenever Jaksta wants to go OUT.

I created another log to download the same video as previous log.  Same result err.or.  Attached is the log

zip

Here you GO

zip

Your logs show you audio recording.  You have process new streams off so nothing is detected.

Switch that on to detect a new stream.  Switch it off only if you don't want any new streams to be detected and recorded.  See the tooltip of that button for further details.

Hello,

I have tried to follow your instructions and the online docus and can only create mp3 audio files of the video.  I can't figure out how to create a Video file.

I require more detailed instructions.

Henry Wong

zip

2 days ago, I was able to use the URL method to download and save for several hours  Several days later,  I get error message to use Auto method.  I imaged the C partition when it was working.  I restored that image of C and it doesn't work ... use URL method.  I restored several more recent images of the C partition with same error message.  I have set all Jaksta Firewall permissions to "Allow". 

I am at a lose and am asking for help from ANYONE.

zip
Login or Signup to post a comment