Can you go to /Users/jon/Movies/Jaksta Media Recorder and try playing the originally downloaded file? I am interested to know if the download/capture worked and it is the conversion that has corrupted the video.
If the downloaded file is also unplayable can you send through another log, but a clean one this time?
To get a clean log, you will need to do the following:
- Open Jaksta Media Recorder
- Go to Preferences > General > Find Log File
- Close JMR but keep the Finder window with the log file open
- Delete the log file and still keep the Finder window open
- Reopen JMR (this will generate a new log file)
- Run one test on a standard video stream or site that you know gives an error/fails
- Close JMR once it fails or wait until it crashes
- Go back to the Finder window with the new log file and attach it here (don't copy and paste the code in it - send the file itself)
If the file does play, then that suggests it is a failed conversion. Try doing a basic reinstall of Jaksta: uninstall (delete from Applications), reboot, reinstall. That should restore any broken process.
Trying to rip a video stream, it looks like it downloads but VLC and Quicktime are not able to play it please advise - see screenshot and log files attached - attempted at 1pm on 5/8/16