Welcome
Login  Sign up

JMR AUTO and endless crashes

I really need help - debug is not possible because the problem is that JMR just crashes.

At this point i expect JMR to crash as soon as i start AUTO the first time of the day - just now i had the sad record of needing 30 minutes until JMR AUTO started working!

What can i do?

The 2 problems are that it is only rare luck to get AUTO started and if its working it can crash at any time (normally expect a crash after 2 hours max!)

when it crashes this way i lose my internet connection until i reopen JMR or delete the created Proxy in windows settings.

Idk much about proxy but AUTO creates one and at this point its nearly unusable.

I downloaded test version on 2 other machines. everywhere JMR can crash like random but only on my main machine its having problems to even connect.

The normal connection time JMR AUTO needs is 8 minutes. (on other machine it works instant)

JMR AUTO can also crash without any other application active: start windows, start JMR, start AUTO, wait 3 min, crash

its the exact same crash always first freezes and window cant be targeted. after 10-30 sec app closes itself and kills all active video or stream connections (and all other connections)

What can i do? Something to change how the proxy gets created or some other settings?

Pls help

1 Comment

Settings > Internet Downloads. Look at which Network Monitors you have installed and are using.

Use Add/Remove programs to uninstall the ones you have installed, reboot and then install only Npcap using the link on Settings > Internet Downloads.

Ensure your machine has successfully installed all Windows Updates.  Look in your event log for failures and other apps crashing.  Rectify those issues.

Run the system file checker tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e.  Rectify those issues.

If still happening:

Please provide msinfo32 dump as per https://www.jaksta.com/support/windows/technical/jaksta-media-recorder/how-to-generate-debug-logs-6000009063

Please note that these AUTO related crashes are always windows update related.  Ie Windows Updates have failed to install correctly and left the machine in an unstable state.

Login or Signup to post a comment